Sesshin Registration and Payment
The cost of attending is A$750.00 which covers accommodation and all food.
The sesshin runs from Saturday June 23rd to Saturday June 30, 2018. If you wish to attend, please:
(i) complete an online application form here and
(ii) pay a deposit of at least $250.00 by no later than June 8th.
Please pay the A$500 balance of the sesshin fee by no later than June 15th.
In previous years the available places have filled up fast. Places will only be reserved once a deposit is made and a completed application form is lodged.
The preferred payment method is by electronic funds transfer (bank transfer) or you can pay with your credit card via Paypal. Paypal payments attract an $18.00 surcharge to cover the merchant fee collected by Paypal.
To enable us to accurately track incoming payments please email us after payment:
Step 1 - Bank transfer your payment into our account
Account name: Open Way Zen Brisbane
Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
Branch: Milton, Brisbane
Account No.: 145327
Step 2 - Email us with the payment details
Please confirm your payment by sending an email to with the following information:
- Your name (plus the name of the account if different to yours)
- BSB and account number from which payment was made
- Amount of payment
- Date of payment
- Electronic receipt or confirmation number
Don't forget to complete an online application form.
Paypal (and Credit Card) payments
Please email us at and we'll send you a Paypal invoice for payment via Paypal's online secure payment gateway. Please note that in the interest of security Open Way Zen neither sees nor stores any credit card information at any point in time.
Other payment methods
If you cannot pay via bank transfer or Paypal please drop us an email (address is above) and we can work out an alternative method of payment.
If you have to cancel after June 15th, we won't be able to refund your A$250.00 deposit unless another person can be found to take your place for the full week. If we can find a person to take your place, a A$20.00 administration fee will be deducted from your refunded deposit. Anything that you have paid in excess of A$250.00 will be refunded in full, even if we can't find a person to take your place.
Please arrive at the Retreat Centre after 3pm and no later than 4pm.
- A list of rooms will be drawn up on the whiteboard in the dining hall, please select a room you would like to stay in.
- Please sign a hard copy of an indemnity form which will be available in the dining hall
- You should also select a place to sit in the meditation hall (zendo) when it has been set up. You can do this by leaving your meditation gear or a personal item in the selected place.
- In the small room next to the dining hall a roster of jobs will be posted - please sign up for some jobs
There will be an orientation in the meditation hall on sesshin procedures and the retreat centre. Thereafter there will be instruction on zazen (seated meditation), kinhin (slow walking meditation) and other matters relating to the practice.